Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Lions and Tigers and Bears-Oh My! The Biblical Zoo :)


For our free day this week we went to the Biblical Zoo in Jerusalem. I was rather excited about this, since I have not been to a zoo since my elementary school days. We may or may not have been the only people there who weren't under the age of ten or a chaperon. No shame though, it was awesome!


It turns out that the Biblical Zoo is pretty much the same as every other zoo in the world. Except for one thing....the ark! The entrance of the zoo is a massive Noah's ark, and yes we did go through it two by two


We had a great time wandering around, cracking jokes, and visiting all the different animals. When I looked through my pictures afterwards, I came to the conclusion that we may have spent more time mimicking the animals we saw than I had realized haha. For example....



( I told you the fish face was coming Emily!)


Stacey makes a fantastic baboon





Another unique feature of the biblical zoo is that they have priesthood blessing bears
(Haha I know picture may not be entirely appropriate, but I couldn't resist...sorry!)


It was so nice to get out of the center and spend an afternoon acting like a little kid again! One of the highlights of the afternoon was definitely the van ride home though. Our driver put on Celine Dion and Melissa and I put on the performance of a lifetime. I am pretty sure "My Heart Will Go On" and "The Power of Love" have never been belted like that before. The poor people who had to ride with us will never be the same again :)


No comments:

Post a Comment